Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Week 7: Wiki's the Way


If you couldn't tell from my blog title, I'm a fan of alliteration. Being a student, I'm an avid fan of wikipedia, but I never actually new that there was a whole "wiki" phenomenon going on and that wikipedia is only a small part of it.

It would be pretty good to have a CCLC website. Although I didn't like Princeton Univerisity's wikisite. I think it's best to keep it simple, and stick with the same format of wikipedia. Makes it a lot more easier and less intimidating I think. Anyway, we don't have a catalogue of our stock for the public, so a wiki would be a good way to build one up. People are always asking about our catalogue lists for DVDs. So WE could have lists of books, DVDs, CDs, online databases and magazine subscriptions, locations, etc. Maybe with a review or explanation accompanying each item. Although considering our stock, this could be really time-consuming and I'm not sure how effective it would be. But i think it would be fun, and very useful.

Anyway, since writing about a favourite book is too hard, since there are far too many good books out there for me to chose merely one favourite, I've just decided to write a post about my favourite restaurant (a chocolate restaurant) Max Brenner, on the PLCMCLearning Wiki Site. It's right near the bottom. The picture above is of one of my favourite desserts at Max Brenner - you have to try it, if you haven't already. It's absolute bliss!

1 comment:

Casey Cardinia Library Corporation said...

Rafah,

I love wikis too, they can be really useful tools for the right task.

We will be showing you how to find those DVD lists on the catalogue, from the catalogue, in coming months, so stay tuned.